Tips for Moving in less than a Month
Tips for Moving in a Short Period of Time
Moving in less than a month can be a challenging experience as it requires thorough
preparation and organization. Ideally, you prefer having more than a month to plan your moving
activity well. Being a time-focused process, you may consider
moving as stressful as your first thought. But having said it, there are ways to make sure that
you’ll have a stress-free moving experience. So if you’re actually
moving in less than a month, here’s a quick guide to ensuring a successful and quick move
without too much frustration.
1. Plan your move well. Thinking about moving in less than a month has never been ideal. With all
the things you need to sort out before the deadline, it’s best to get
started by planning ahead.
● You can begin by taking a deep breath and get your plan in place. Take note of all important
information regarding your move before going over with the more
● If you require the help of movers, hiring one should be the first thing you do.
If you’d not use professional movers instead, you can think of alternative
ways on how you’re going to transport your things to your new home.
● Remember that moving quickly can be frustrating. That’s why you shouldn’t forget to lay down all essential aspects of your moving so you’d make the whole process much smoother.
2. Prepare enough supplies and start your pre-packing. When moving within a
short amount of time, gathering enough supplies and starting the pre-packing
would always be a perfect idea.
As early as possible, prepare your boxes and other packing materials.
Doing so can make the whole moving fast, quick and easy. Figure out what types of
boxes and their sizes you should be using for the packing.
● Also, be sure to buy a couple of wardrobe boxes for your clothes. That way,
there’s no need for you to pull your clothes off from their hangers.
● When it comes to preparing your packing supplies, one of the best ways
is to determine how much you think you need to buy to get your pre-packing
3. Call for help from friends. Moving in a hurry can slow you down and psych you
out. Thus if you’re looking for a fast move within a short time, you better take the
challenge of asking for some helping hands from friends and relatives.
● In situations like these, it’s best not to be shy about calling for help from one
or more friends. If you’d be able to get some friends to help you out with
packing and moving, everything about the whole process would be much less
of a burden on your part.
● However, you shouldn’t ever forget to thank them for lending their hands to
you. Express your gratitude through gestures like treating them with pizza
4. Pack your stuff efficiently. If you have to move within a short period of time, the
more efficient you pack, the better. It means you have to pack your stuff in a way
that you should take less of them upon moving.
● If there’s anything you think would no longer be of purpose, be sure to get rid
of them to make packing and moving much faster and more straightforward.
● Walk through each room and separate all of the items that you plan to junk,
recycle and even donate.
● For example, if you have clothes that you haven’t used or worn for a long
time, maybe it’s time to give it away. However, you should always ask the
participation of the entire family in the packing process so that sorting through
their stuff would be done in an efficient manner.
5. Create smart labels for your boxes. If you want to make your moving process a
quicker and more successful one, it’s always a wise idea to come up with a great
method of labeling your boxes smartly. In doing so, you can use colored tapes to
get the labeling right.
● Keep in mind that having well-labeled boxes ready for your moving means
faster unloading of contents afterward.
● That way, you’re not only making your life much easier but you’re also
availing yourself of a quick move worthy of your time, money and energy.
6. Contact professional movers for reservations. When you’re in a hurry, you may
have no sufficient time to get yourself and your things ready for a less than a
● At some point, you may even find yourself thinking and looking for an
available mover that can transport all your stuff into your new home within a
● However, there are times that moving companies aren’t available anytime
especially if your moving date falls under the most booked mover schedule of
● Hence if you don’t want to fret about the possibility of not having a mover in
time, contact your chosen mover like NYC movers and companies right away
and make reservations as early as possible.
Practically, moving in a short period of time is difficult but it doesn’t mean it’s impossible to
do. With proper mindset, you’d be able to rightfully get things done in terms of your moving
goals. By keeping these tips in mind, you’d find your move very straightforward. Although it
may not be fun at all, you can still get the best out of your moving experience with these
essential tips Overall, you just need to stay positive and you’d certainly pull everything about
your less than a month move off.