Finding a good neighborhood is always important. This is where you are living, so you want it to be safe and a enjoyable place to call home.
Profile your perfect neighborhood. Ask yourself questions such as:
- What type of home do I want to move into?
- Do I have children or am I planning to have children?
- How far are you willing to commute?
- Do you want to live in a new development or an older one?
- Do you want the peace and quiet of space or close to everything? Shopping, nightlife….
Also consider the things you don’t want in moving to a neighborhood.
Try pin pointing a neighborhood you may be interested in. If you are moving to somewhere completely new you may have to do more research. It is also wise to talk to locals, as they will know more about the neighborhoods that wouldn’t be mentioned on the internet. You can seek out local real estate agents who usually have a wealth of knowledge on their area.
Consider the local schools, crime statistics, parks and recreation, neighborhood HOA, and tourist attractions.
Once you have decided on a community that you think is the one, make several visits at different times of the day. Start walking your dog in the area each evening. Make sure you visit the neighborhood before moving in.
Here are some things to do,
- Remember your first impression
- Visualize yourself in the neighborhood
- Talk to your future neighbors
- See if there are any unpleasant smells or noise
- Lastly ask yourself if the neighborhood fits your taste and lifestyle.
Make sure you establish your priorities and check into schools even if you don’t have or plan on having children. The local school kids still live in your neighborhood.
Planning a move is an exciting adventure, you put a lot of thought into which new home is going to be perfect for you. The community that you call home needs to be just as perfect. You deserve it.
Happy Moving Nashville!
Your Master Movers family.